Want to be an amazing friend? Support your friend’s small business! These support your friend’s business quotes will inspire you to stop looking for things to buy on Amazon, and buy from your friend or local business instead. And if it’s not in your budget to buy what your friend is selling (or it’s just not your thing), here are some super helpful ideas on how to support their business…without spending a penny!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Support Your Friend’s Business – There Are Different Ways To Do This
“I want to support my friend’s business but I’m just not into (fancy nails, jewelry, vegan baking, hipster sweaters for pugs, etc)”
I tell my coaching clients all the time: your business is your business. Your friends shouldn’t be your main customers because that’s not sustainable.
That doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate the support of our friends and family – it means a lot! And for small businesses that are just starting out or ones that are struggling, it can make a big difference to the outcome.
But there are different ways that people can support small business owners.
If friends aren’t in a financial place to buy your goods, or it’s just not for them, here are ways friends and family can support your small businesses without spending a penny.
>> Here are 7 in-demand home business ideas you can start this week >>
5 Ways to Support Your Friend’s Business…Without Buying Anything
- Like their Instagram/Facebook post
- Leave a positive comment
- Share their post
- Tag a friend in their post
- Tell your friends and family about your friend’s business
Related reading: 20 flexible stay-at-home-mom jobs you can start with little or no experience
Now to the best small business quotes!
15 of the Best Support Your Friend’s Business Quotes
1. “Friends don’t let friends shop at chain stores”
2. “When you support a small business, you’re supporting a dream”
3. “Chase the vision, not the money. The money will end up following you.”Tony Hsieh
4. “Support your friend’s businesses and progressions in the same way you support celebrities you don’t know.”Sandip Kumar
5. “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher”Oprah Winfrey
6. “You want to know who your real friends are? Start your own business and ask for their support.”Steve Jobs
7. “No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.”P.T. Barnum
8. “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.”Misty Copeland
9. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”Oprah Winfrey
10. “A big business starts small.”Richard Branson
11. “A small business is an amazing way to serve and leave an impact on the world you live in.”Nicole Snow
12. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.”Michael Jordan
13. “You don’t build a business, you build people, then people build the business.”Zig Ziglar
14. “Failure is not to be feared. It is from failure that most growth comes.”Dee Hock
15. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”Walt Disney
Hey action-taker! Here are 18 small business ideas from home if you want to start YOUR small business.
And here is How to Stop Procrastinating: 7 Productivity Tips for Entrepreneurs.
Watch the 5 key things every business needs to be successful: