Keto foods aren’t exactly known for being the most budget-friendly foods but there are lots of ways to eat Keto on a budget! Here are 10 ways to save money on the Keto diet, plus 22 cheap Keto meals that are insanely good!!
I am a hard-core omnivore. If it’s a different food or recipe, I want to try it. My 3 year old is shockingly like this as well; though she is entering a pickier stage now (buttered spaghetti all day, erryday). I am clearly not a keto blogger but I LOVE new recipes and I LOVE to share my best money-saving tips for you!
I turned to some genius keto bloggers and I’m happy to share some of the absolute yummiest recipes for cheap meals to save you money on the keto diet. These keto and low carb recipes will help you plan meals that are not only super delicious, but also thrifty!
- The best Keto broccoli soup you’ll ever have
- How to eat paleo on a budget
- Ultimate guide to eating healthy on a budget
10 Tips to Eat Keto On a Budget:
While eating keto is probably going to be more expensive than eating plants as a vegan, there ARE ways to eat keto on a budget. Here are 10 smart ways to save money eating keto. Pick one or two that feel right or try a whole bunch for even more savings!
1. Buy cheaper cuts of meat (chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, marinating steaks instead of grilling steaks).
2. Buy larger packs of meat.
3. Eat fresh produce that’s in season.
4. Join a CSA (community supported agriculture).
5. Buy frozen fruits and veggies.
6. Buy the whole animal. If you have a good deep freezer in your basement, you can even buy multiple whole chickens, or a quarter of a cow right from the farmer.
7. Join a food co-op. Many medium-large cities have food co-ops which give members discounts on all groceries.
8. Stick to whole foods (Not Whole Foods!) Buy less prepackaged keto snacks and eat whole foods.
9. Make meals at home. Instead of heading out to the steakhouse restaurant for dinner, make your own keto meals at home.
10. Eat more veggies than meat/cheese. Keep the vegetable portion the biggest portion of your meal, with the meat part playing a supporting role.
Hold up! Before we get to the tasty keto recipes that I know you’re waiting for, if you don’t have an instant pot, you’ll want to get one (this instant pot is the insanely popular bestseller). It will make your life of eating keto SO much easier. Throw some ingredients into your instant pot, and with very little work, your cheap keto meals will practically make themselves. Okay, now to the yummy keto recipes!!
22 Tasty Keto Recipes to Help You Do Keto On a Budget
There are SO many tasty keto recipes and I’ve compiled 22 of the BEST cheap keto meals. There are cheap keto dinner recipes, keto snacks, and keto family meals that the kids will love too (pizza roll-ups anyone?) These keto recipes, along with the tips above, will absolutely help you eat keto on a budget.
1. Keto Pizza Rolls | Savor and Savvy
These 3 ingredient keto pizza rolls are the perfect nighttime snack or appetizer for a party! They whip up in a jiffy!
2. Instant Pot Keto Salsa Chicken Lettuce Wraps | Recipes From a Pantry
Looking for healthy lunch or dinner option that is quick and easy to make? Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the answer! They are packed full of delicious flavor, yet are a light and healthy choice.
3. Keto Spaghetti Squash With Butter and Parmesan | Tasty Galaxy
This Spaghetti Squash with Butter and Parmesan is a very frugal Keto dish. Made with just spaghetti squash, butter and Parmesan, it is an amazing 3 ingredient Keto dish.
4. Low Carb Eggplant Lasagna | Wholesome Yum
This healthy low carb eggplant lasagna recipe without noodles is quick and easy to make, using simple ingredients. Just 20 minutes prep time!
5. Baked Turmeric Keto Chicken Thighs | Mom Foodie
Chicken thighs are a less costly cut of meat. Here they are skillet cooked with oil and turmeric for a healthful low carb entree.
6. Easy Keto Cheeseburger Pie | Primal Edge Health
This easy cheeseburger pie is perfect for a low-stress dinner any day of the week! Flavored with simple everyday ingredients, it is sure to be a new family favorite. Plus, you probably already have these budget-friendly ingredients on hand in your fridge right now.
7. Easy Keto On a Budget Recipe: Egg Salad | Sustain My Cooking Habit
Start the morning off right with this easy, nutritious and filling egg salad recipe. Eggs are a great choice if you are trying to eat keto on a budget!
8. Keto Zucchini Tots | Kirbie’s Cravings
EASY to make keto zucchini tots recipe that your family is going to love – even your picky toddler! These healthy keto nuggets are ready in less than 30 minutes total and are 180 calories a serving.
9. Instant Pot Keto Pesto Chicken | This Old Gal
Low Carb Instant Pot Pesto Chicken with Mozzarella cheese and juicy Roma tomatoes is incredibly delicious and ready in 20 minutes
10. Keto Rotisserie Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers | Key To My Lime
Rotisserie Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers make the perfect easy, healthy, and low carb weeknight meal! With only 10 minutes of hands-on time and 30 minutes in the oven, you’ll have dinner ready in no time!
11. Instant Pot Keto Salsa Chicken | Tasty Galaxy
This 3 ingredient Salsa Chicken is very inexpensive to make, and it is also Keto! Use it in salads, Keto tacos and more.
12. Asian Keto Turkey Meatballs | The Cabin Diary
Simple recipe with a short ingredient list that’s full of flavor! Easy to make a big batch for meal prep/leftovers.
13. Keto Cabbage Soup with Ground Beef – Crock Pot or Instant Pot Recipe | Wholesome Yum
Learn how to make cabbage soup with ground beef, in a Crock Pot or Instant Pot. Simply the BEST cabbage soup diet recipe – or just a delicious dinner!
14. 30 Minute Keto/THM S Cheesy Salsa Chicken With Cauli Rice | Protecting Your Pennies
With just 4 ingredients, this cheesy salsa verde chicken is simple to make and easy on the wallet!
15. Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipe With Chicken | Any Reason Life
Crock pot chicken thighs with squash noodles is perfect for low carb dieting. This is a very inexpensive recipe if you want to eat keto on a budget. It’s also so tasty and healthy for the entire family!
16. Organ Meat Pie | Primal Edge Health
Organ meats are some of the most affordable meats and happen to also be some of the most nutritious parts too. This nourishing combination of ground beef, liver and heart baked into a meat pie is simple and satiating.
17. Gluten-Free Steak Marinade | The Helpful GF
This steak marinade is made without soy-sauce and makes even cheaper cuts of steak tender and delicious without the carbs of many traditional marinades.
18. Keto On a Budget Side Dish: Brussels Sprouts Alfredo | This Old Gal
Low Carb Brussels Sprouts Alfredo is a creamy and cheesy side dish loaded with bacon which quickly cooks in the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
19. Turkey BLT Keto Snacks | Days In Bed
Turkey BLT keto snacks with avocado mayo are a fantastic Low Carb lunch idea that anyone can enjoy.
20. Keto Cajun Butter Steak Bites | Key To My Lime
Cajun Butter Steak Bites are the best 10 minute dinner recipe you’ll ever try! They’re tender, flavorful, easy, and perfect for a fast weeknight meal.
21. Keto On a Budget Breakfast: Low Carb Dutch Baby Muffins | Keen For Keto
If you like Dutch babies, you’ll LOVE these keto Dutch Baby Muffins! They’re completely flourless and only one carb each!
22. Keto Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Chicken | Moore Or Less Cooking
Incredibly moist and flavorful Keto stuffed bacon wrapped chicken. Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken wrapped in smoky crispy bacon. An affordable and delicious recipe if you want to eat keto on a budget.
Another Keto On a Budget meal I LOVE: Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup