This is the BEST cream of broccoli soup I have ever had, and it just happens to be a low carb broccoli cream soup. This Keto broccoli cheese soup is a quick recipe that is perfect for an easy dinner on a weeknight. Gluten free, paleo, keto, low carb, lots of veggies and tons of flavor!
This Keto broccoli soup is crazy delicious
For someone who is not on the keto diet, I have to say that I love keto recipes!
Lots of veggies, yummy fats, CHEESE!!
What’s not to love?
And I am completely in love with this low carb broccoli cheese soup. I was surprised how much flavor it had with only 6 simple ingredients, and it takes less than 30 minutes to make!
- How to eat Keto on a budget (+22 recipes)
- Paleo on a budget
- 15 Smart tips for eating healthy on a budget
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Ingredients you need for this Keto broccoli cheese soup
- Mozzarella cheese
- Heavy cream
That’s it! And salt and pepper to taste!
I used fresh broccoli but you could totally substitute frozen broccoli in this recipe – just thaw it first.
How to make creamy soup
I use an immersion blender all the time in the kitchen – it’s so great for making creamy soups. I find it WAY easier to puree this soup right in the pot than transferring to a blender. Just dip the immersion blender in your soup pot, and whir away until the broccoli soup is smooth.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transfer the soup in batches to a regular blender and puree the soup this way. This immersion blender also includes a milk frother attachment to make lattes at home (save money by making your own – note to self).
- 24 oz fresh broccoli, chopped (or buy the florets), = 680g
- 3 cups broth, any kind you like
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- sea salt, to taste, I used ~½ tsp
- In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and the diced carrots and stir for a couple of minutes in the butter.
- Pour the broth into the pot and turn up the heat to high.
- Once the broth comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium low.
- Simmer the veggies for 15 minutes to get the veggies really soft so they are easy to puree.
- Take the pot off the heat and take out your immersion blender.
- Blend the keto broccoli soup until it’s really smooth.
- Add the shredded mozzarella cheese to the pureed soup, and stir in.
- Pour in the heavy cream, and add salt to taste.
- Enjoy the delicious keto broccoli cream soup you made!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
⇓ Pin this post to save it for later ⇓