This hot carob drink is a yummy alternative to hot chocolate when you want a warm comforting drink without the caffeine. It’s paleo, vegan, and gluten-free.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Don’t freak out on me now.
I’m going to propose this hot carob drink as a yummy, creamy alternative to hot chocolate.
Don’t run away!!
I swear this is so good! Sometimes you just want a change, or for some people the caffeine in chocolate isn’t the best for them. So this hot carob drink is a fun switch when you want to try something different.
Plus there are lots of benefits to carob.
Here me out:
Carob is not just for hippies who knit their own purses. There are lots of reasons to try carob:
- It’s caffeine-free which makes it a great evening treat if you are sensitive to caffeine
- Carob powder is naturally low fat
- High in fibre
- Contains calcium
- It’s a good source of antioxidants (source)
This hot carob drink is paleo, vegan, and gluten-free.
Let me tell you now if you have never tried carob, it does NOT taste like chocolate. It has its own lovely flavor and is naturally sweeter than chocolate. Just accept it for who it is and don’t try to change it into something it never wanted to be…
Okay getting side-tracked.
I am a total chocoholic and I like carob and I love this drink! (Side note: this kind is yummy and I find it dissolves better than some other brands)
To make it extra frothy and even more delicious, use a frother like this after you have warmed it up. It makes it taste like a carob latte!
Top with whipped cream for an extra treat.
Let’s make this cozy drink!
- 1 cup almond milk, use any kind of milk you like
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ to 1 tsp carob powder
- Optional: top with coconut whipped cream
- The super fast way to make this is put all ingredients in mug and microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot. Stir and enjoy.
- To make it extra frothy and even more delicious, use a frother like this after you have warmed it up.
- Top with whipped cream for an extra treat. So good!!
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g