These are 25 of the BEST camping quotes for nature lovers!! If you love the great outdoors and adventure, these quotes about camping will get you excited about planning your next camping trip! Plus if you’re looking for camping quotes for Facebook or camping quotes for Instagram, this post has you covered. The last quote about nature is how I want to live my entire life. ❤️ 🏕️
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Quotes about Camping for Camping Nostalgia
It is the middle of winter and I am dreaming about camping:
The smell of trees when you’re outside of a city, falling asleep with the stars, and waking up with the sun. Cooking food over a campfire.
Not having wifi.
Not looking in a mirror.
Camping is so freeing.
Don’t miss these frugal camping hacks – the best camping items to get from the dollar store (and what I would never buy from there!)
And as part of your planning, make sure you head here to grab this camping checklist. It’ll help you get organized and make sure you don’t forget any essentials!
One of my earliest childhood memories is when my dad took us camping. My mom stayed home as glamping wasn’t invented yet.
We slept in Strawberry Shortcake sleeping bags (not quite as warm as these sleeping bags!) It rained all weekend, and my dad made us pancakes for breakfast and dropped the whole plate of them in the dirt. We brushed the dirt off, drowned them in maple syrup, swam in the rain, and it was the best weekend ever.
My favorite camping cookware is the same cookware I use at home – Lodge cast iron cookware. We use Lodge cookware for making pancakes (preferably without dirt in them), grilling burgers over a campfire, making eggs, and so much more.
More Camping Posts
- Best Dollar Tree travel toys and games for kids
- Essential road trip hacks with kids
- How to survive long road trips with toddlers
- Why I love camping
25 of the Best Camping Quotes
To fuel my camping daydreams, I put together a list of my favorite camping quotes. It includes cute camping quotes, funny camping quotes, and lots more too. Expect some John Muir and Henry David Thoreau quotes, as well as some lesser known people who have quotes about nature. Be sure to read until the end – number 25 is my all-time favorite camping quote.
I’d love to hear your favorite camping quotes – share them in the comments!
1. “We now no longer camp as for a night, but have settled down on earth and forgotten heaven.”Henry David Thoreau
2. “Of all the paths you take in life make sure a few of them are dirt.”John Muir
3. “If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I’ll bet they’d live a lot differently.”Bill Watterson
4. “Camping is nature’s way of promoting the motel business.”Dave Barry
5. “I just want to live in a world of mountains, coffee, campfires, cabins, and golden trees, and run around with a camera and notebook, learning the inner workings of everything real.”Victoria Erickson
6. “Without the intense touch of nature, you can never fully freshen yourself! Go for a camping and there both your weary mind and your exhausted body will rise like a morning sun!”Mehmet Murat ildan
7. “There is nothing worse, after days of falling asleep by a babbling brook and waking up to a choir chirping birds, than to go inside a house with insulated walls and an obstructive roof. This torturous invention, a cage, a box, prevents you from seeing or hearing anything of natural importance. Make time to free yourself and find a bit of nature.”Katherine Keith
8. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach of us more than we can ever learn from books.”John Lubbock
9. “In nature, nothing is perfect and everything is perfect. Trees can be contorted, bent in weird ways, and they’re still beautiful.”Alice Walker
10. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery. Air, mountains, tree, people. I thought: this is what it is to be happy.”Sylvia Plath
11. “Camp is a solvent of morality. It neutralizes moral indignation, sponsors playfulness.”Susan Sontag
12. “The outside is the only place we can truly be inside the world.”Daniel J. Rice
13. “Each evening, I ached for the shelter of my tent, for the smallest sense that something was shielding me from the entire rest of the world, keeping me safe not from danger, but from vastness itself. I loved the dim, clammy dark of my tent, the cozy familiarity of the way I arranged my few belongings all around me each night.”Cheryl Strayed
14. “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.”John Muir
15. “To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.”Terry Tempest Williams
16. “…my dreams are tangled in images of stars and clouds and firelight – we go camping at night – it’s my lucid dream of being with you…”John Geddes
17. “My tent doesn’t look like much but, as an estate agent might say, “It is air-conditioned and has exceptional location.”Fennel Hudson
18. “My wish is to always stay like this, living quietly in a corner of nature.”Claude Monet
19. “Cooking and eating food outdoors makes it taste infinitely better than the same meal prepared and consumed indoors.”Fennel Hudson
20. “Camping is not a date; it’s an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home.”Yvonne Prinz
21. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.”Edward Abbey
22. “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”John Burroughs
23. “What if I told you that if you simply mix starlight, solitude, silence and softness, you may just learn everything you’ve ever needed to know about everything you hadn’t known?”Victoria Erickson
24. “The glories of a mountain campfire are far greater than may be guessed….One can make a day of any size, and regulate the rising and setting of his own sun and the brightness of its shining.”John Muir
25. “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.”Shanti
🏕️ If you want a lightweight tent for camping, this tent is a favorite (my daughter would want the pink version!)
And since you know I love saving money (we all do?), I wrote this post camping on a budget: 5 tips to know to save money this season.