These blueberry scones are to die for! This is such an easy scones recipe, with only 5 ingredients and takes about 15 minutes to make from start to finish! You have to try them!!
Blueberry Cream Scones
Today we woke up to gorgeous sunshine, and I planned on taking Miss O to play outside somewhere. Before we were ready to leave the house, it clouded over, got super windy, and I decided we would stay home and bake blueberry scones instead.
This blueberry scones recipe couldn’t be easier. It’s easier than all my other scones recipes (and they are all easy scones too!) because you don’t need to cut in butter, there is no rolling or even patting.
Other delicious scones recipes to try:
- 4 ingredient blackberry scones
- Pumpkin scones (gf)
- Chocolate coconut scones (gf)
- Gingerbread scones (vegan)
- Lavender scones
- Mini peach scones (vegan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Ingredients for Blueberry Scones
You only need 5 ingredients for these scones:
- Self-rising flour
- Whipping cream
For the vanilla, use the good stuff, the real vanilla extract, there is no comparison with artificial vanilla!
How to Make Easy Blueberry Scones
This blueberry scones recipe is SO incredibly easy.
Mix the self-rising flour, sugar, and blueberries together in a bowl. Pour the whipping cream into a measuring cup, add a splash of vanilla, and pour into the dry ingredients. Stir (gently – you don’t want to crush all those beautiful blueberries!), drop the blueberry scone batter onto baking sheets, and bake.
The prep work for this scones recipe takes about 5 minutes, and baking time is 10-12 minutes, so you could even make these berry scones on a weekday morning!
- 2 cups self-rising flour, (2 cups flour + 1 tbsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp salt)
- 1 tbsp sugar, I used coconut sugar, you can use any granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, measure out 2 cups of self-rising flour.
- If you don’t have self-rising flour in your kitchen, use this: 2 cups flour + 1tbsp baking powder + ¼ tsp salt.
- Add the blueberries and sugar to this mixture and stir together.
- Measure 1 ½ cups whipping cream into a measuring cup and add ½ tsp vanilla.
- Scoop 12 heaping blobs of batter onto one or two baking sheets (depending on how big your oven/baking sheets are).
- Because we are using a very hot oven to bake these blueberry scones, be careful of what you drop the batter onto.
- I don’t find these blueberry scones to stick much if you drop the batter right onto the baking tray.
- I use a spatula and they came right off, but it will depend on the stickiness of your baking sheet.
- You can also use a small amount of cooking spray.
- Bake at 475 F for 10-12 minutes until golden on top, some of the blueberries have burst and are all gloriously gushy, and until the middles are cooked.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
I highly recommend these strawberry scones – they taste like summer:
⇓ Pin this post to save it for later ⇓