This is the best paleo banana bread you will ever make. It’s a gluten-free banana bread made with almond flour, and topped with chocolate chips – it’s to die for!
Super delicious easy paleo banana bread
I can’t believe I haven’t shared this paleo banana bread recipe with you yet. I’ve actually been making it for years. It is so delicious and healthy at the same time – no sugar crash with this banana bread!
This paleo banana bread is sweetened with…
Yup, that’s it!
There is no added sugar in the banana bread batter.
For the chocolate chips, you can use these if you want to keep it no sugar added. I personally just use dark chocolate chips or sometimes chop up a 90% dark chocolate bar and use that.
Any chocolate you use will be good!
Gluten free banana bread
This is gluten-free banana bread too! I so wish these gluten free recipes were around when my grandmother who had celiac disease was alive. I would have loved to bake for her!
That being said, there are not a lot of subs you can do with this recipe and still have it turn out. You can absolutely add different add-ins or toppings (walnuts, raisins – if you must – I’m a total chocolate chip purist in banana bread lol), but it will not be the same if you use regular flour or a 1:1 gluten-free flour mix.
I am a supporter of (mainly) cooking at home and making your own baked treats. If you’re watching your budget, it is one of the BEST ways to save money.
This is especially true when it comes to gluten-free or paleo baking because some of the ingredients can cost more. The cost of a paleo banana bread loaf baked at home will be what you would spend on one or two slices in a coffee shop – except you get the whole loaf!
Paleo banana bread with almond flour
This paleo banana bread is made with almond flour – the tastiest (in my opinion) and also highly nutrient dense flour. If you have never tried baking with almond flour, well now aren’t you in for a treat!
Again, don’t sub the almond flour, and definitely not with another gluten-free flour like coconut flour. These paleo flours act totally different.
For this banana bread recipe, you only need one bowl and about 5 minutes of prep time. Mix, stir, pour into pan, top with chocolate chips. Done.
I baked the banana bread in a cast iron loaf pan like this (my favorite for baking!)
It took about an hour to bake in my oven on the middle rack. If you use a non-stick loaf pan or a glass loaf pan your baking time could be different. Also all our ovens are a bit different. I would test it at the 45 minute mark and keep baking if it’s not ready.
Okay, let’s make this yummy paleo banana bread!
- 3 medium bananas, very ripe
- 3 eggs, free range
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, or butter (cooled slightly)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl with a fork, or use a mixer to mash them up so they're liquidy.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add the almond flour, sea salt, cinnamon, and baking soda and stir/mix briefly.
- Pour in the melted coconut oil and mix it in (don't overstir/overmix).
- Spray your loaf pan, pour the banana bread batter into it.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Eat a few as well.
- Bake at 350F for 50-65 minutes.
- Check baking at the 45-50 minute mark and adjust time as your oven/pan needs.
- The paleo banana bread is done when the center is set.
- Leave in pan to cool for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool a bit before cutting it.
- Slice into 8 thick slices or 10 thinner slices.
- Enjoy warm, from the fridge, on it's own, with butter, tea, coffee...
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g