FLYING AT CHRISTMAS
Tips to Make Your Holiday Travel Smooth
1. Preselect your seats when you're traveling at Christmas.
This is not the time to chance getting decent seats or even seats together at all.
2. Stock up on festive snacks from a bulk food store. Don't underestimate how much a variety of snacks will matter when you're flying with kids.
Saving money tip:
3. Flying on Christmas Day and New Years will save you money on flights
Get cash back on flights:
Save money by buying flights, hotels, etc. through this cash-back site
(it's free to sign up).
Pro tip for busy airports:
5. Use a backpack as a carry-on. You'll appreciate having hands free in a busy airport, especially traveling with kids.
Get a small backpack for each of your kids.
They can carry their own toys, snacks, etc.
Tip for Christmas gifts:
Stuff an empty
large duffel bag
into your checked suitcase
, and use it on the way back for Christmas gifts you receive.
Tip for the kids:
8. Bring Santa's stockings on the plane for kids to open when you're flying on Christmas Day
Hack for sleep while away:
Bring along a travel white noise machine.
This will help kids (and you!) sleep through different noises.
Planning is key
10. Expect the best, but plan for the worst, when you're traveling at Christmas.
Read the whole post here: